We will process your trademark registration in Switzerland. The price includes our lawyer’s fees as well as all official fees for the registration and implementation of the trademark without opposition.
Details Trademark Registration Switzerland
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Switzerland. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Switzerland, submission of the trademark application in Switzerland and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Switzerland includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Switzerland without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Switzerland includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Switzerland (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Switzerland and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Switzerland which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Switzerland for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Switzerland we send you the certificate.
Country specific trademark law
I. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 3 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- urgent examination (1 month) possible, additional fee required
- application process includes a formal examination and an examination of distinctiveness
- order of process is: examination, registration, publication
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 3 months from the date of publication of the trademark registration
IV. Use requirements
- trademark has to be used within 5 years from the end of the opposition period or, if an opposition has been filed against the trademark, from the end of the opposition proceedings
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 5 consecutive years
V. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark
- additional fees to be paid for late renewal