We will process your trademark registration in Suriname. The price includes our lawyer’s fees as well as all official fees for the registration and implementation of the trademark without opposition.
Details Trademark Registration Suriname
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Suriname. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Suriname, submission of the trademark application in Suriname and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Suriname includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Suriname without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Suriname includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Suriname (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Suriname and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Suriname which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Suriname for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Suriname we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law
I. Required Documents
II. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 2 - 3 years, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification, but registration of services not allowed
- multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 6 months from the date of publication of the trademark application
V. Use Requirements
- trademark has to be used within 3 years from the date of registration
- trademark may become unenforceable if it has not been used for 3 or more consecutive years
VI. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of registration
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark