We register your trademark with the Patent and Trademark Office of Namibia. The price includes our lawyer’s fees as well as all official fees for the registration and implementation of the trademark without opposition.
Details Trademark Registration Namibia
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Namibia. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Namibia, submission of the trademark application in Namibia and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Namibia includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Namibia without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Namibia includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Namibia (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Namibia and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Namibia which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Namibia for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Namibia we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law
- PoA (no notarization/legalization required)
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 5 years, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: examination, publication, registration
- Nice Classification 5th edition (42 classes)
- no multi-class applications allowed
- opposition period is 2 months from the date of publication of the trademark application
- extension of the opposition period may be granted at the Registrar´s discretion
- trademark has to be used within 5 years from the date of grant of the registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 5 consecutive years
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months after the expiration date of the mark