We will process your trademark registration in Myanmar.The price includes our lawyer’s fees as well as all official fees for the registration and implementation of the trademark without opposition.
Please be informed that the term of Trademark registration in Myanmar is not fixed from registration date, like in most of the countries. We recommend that you renew your registration every three years. The purpose of renewal is to publish the ownership of the mark to show the public that you are still using the mark. In addition, renewal of registration can be useful in case of litigation.
In Myanmar, in addition to the common Trademark Registration, it is highly recommended to publish trademark Cautionary Notices in the IP Specified Journal. It gives information and warning to local end users and potential local infringers.
Details Trademark Registration Myanmar
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Myanmar. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Myanmar, submission of the trademark application in Myanmar and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Myanmar includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Myanmar without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Myanmar includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Myanmar (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Myanmar and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Myanmar which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Myanmar for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Myanmar we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law
- PoA (notarized and legalized)
- Declaration of Ownership of Trademark (DOT) executed by the applicant.
- documents executed in the country of origin need to be filed within 3 months from execution date
- at present, Myanmar has no trademark law - however, trademarks may be registered under the Myanmar Registration Act
- trademarks can be registered at the Yangon Registration Office of the Settlement and Land Records Department
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 8 weeks
- Myanmar relies on first-to-use, thus, the first user of a mark will prevail, even without having registered the mark
- Nice Classification
- multi-class applications allowed
- renewal is not mandatory, however, it is recommended to “renew” the mark every 3 years to keep the public updated re. the mark and its owner
- for renewal, trademark may be re-registered, or re-published (advertised) in the daily papers or both