We will process your trademark registration in Mexico. The fee includes all government filing fees, our professional fees, sundry and incidental expenses for filing and processing an objection free trade mark application and procuring a certificate of registration on the client's behalf. There are no hidden or unanticipated costs to be incurred by the client.
Details Trademark Registration Mexico
Trademark Registration Prosecution
With this assignment you can order a trademark registration in Mexico. We will take care of everything that is necessary for the professional preparation of the trademark registration in Mexico, submission of the trademark application in Mexico and send the trademark certificate to you.
The price for trademark registration in Mexico includes our professional fees as well as the official trademark office fees for the trademark registration in Mexico without opposition.
The trademark registration order for Mexico includes the following tasks:
First, we check whether the trademark being registered is entitled to protection in Mexico (absolute grounds of refusal). Not all trademarks can be registered as trademarks. For instance, merely descriptive terms for the respective goods and services may not be registered as a trademark.
To avoid collisions between your trademark registration in Mexico and older trademarks we recommend to conduct a trademark search in Mexico which must be ordered separately.
We will e-mail you the prepared trademark registration documents for Mexico for your approval and file it then.
Once the trademark was registered in Mexico we send you the certificate.
Country Specific Trademark Law
I. Application Procedure
- processing time from first filing to registration is about 4 - 6 months, provided that no objections are raised or oppositions filed
- application process includes a formal examination, an examination of distinctiveness and a search for prior conflicting trademarks
- order of process is: publication of the application, examination, registration, publication of the registration
- Nice Classification
- no multi-class applications allowed
- Mexico has just implemented an opposition system, effective as of August 30, 2016
- opposition period is 1 month from the publication of the application
- formal examination procedures by the trademark office will continue during opposition proceedings
IV. Use Requirements
- trademark has to be used within 3 years from the date of registration
- trademark may be subject to cancellation if not properly used for 3 consecutive years
V. Duration Period
- 10 years from date of application
- renewable for periods of 10 years
- grace period: 6 months from the expiration date of the mark