Details Design Registration Jordan
Here you can mandate us to obtain design protection in Jordan.
We will prepare and file your design application in Jordan and inform you about the progress of proceeding. Our offer includes the fees of the intellectual property office for the application, publication and registration of your design in an opposition free proceeding.
A registered design right in Jordan will be established through a registration.
The maximum term of protection in Jordan is 15 years. A renwal is not possible.
The term of design protection in Jordan will be calculated from the date of filing the application or in certain cases from the claimed prior date, namely if an application for an industrial design was filed before in a foreign country but not longer than 6 months before the application in Jordan and if the priority of this foreign application date for the new application in Jordan was claimed.
After the registration of an industrial design or model, the owner shall have the right to prevent third parties not having his consent from making, importing or selling articles bearing a design or embodying a model which is a copy, or substantially a copy, when such acts are undertaken for commercial purposes. The protection shall not extend to any part of an industrial design or model that had been registered, if such part was dictated essentially by technical or functional considerations.
The owner of an industrial design or model may grant third parties license with respect to its use, by virtue of a written contract to be recorded with the Registrar.
The registered design in Jordan is an unexamined industrial property right. An industrial design or model may be registered if the following conditions are met:
a. If it is new, undisclosed to the public anywhere in the world, by any means, including use or publication in a tangible form thereof, whether disclosure occurred prior to the filing, or the priority date of the application for the registration, as the case may be, and in accordance with the provisions of this Law.
b If it is independently created, disclosure to the public of an industrial design or model shall not be taken into consideration, if the disclosure occurred within twelve months preceding the date of filing for registration in the Kingdom, or the claimed priority date of the application, if such disclosure was a result of an act committed by the applicant, or of an unlawful act committed by a third party against the applicant.
Industrial designs or models dictated by technical or functional considerations may not be registered.
Neither the office nor we will examine the novelty of your design. Any interested person may apply for the nullification of the registration of an industrial design or model, if the registration is contrary to the provisions of the Jordan design Law.
If the applicant is not the designer, an assignment from the designer to the applicant must be attached.
Opposition cannot be filed by a third party in Jordan during registration process.
After registration everybody has the right to start an action for annulment in case he may give proof of lack of novelty and lack of individuality of the registered design.
In Jordan multiple design application are possible if the multiple designs belong into the identic Locarno class. Such a multiple application will affect the reduction of the office fees. One design may be shown by several pictures or drawings, but for each view beyond the first one separate fee shall be paid for.
For the registration of a design in Jordan you need:
- the name of your design: (f.e. car fender „ALKU“, Artikel.-No.1234);
- images or drawings showing only your product in front of a neutral background, please provide us with black and white pictures or technical drawings reduced to the lines of the design without any further technical information that show the design views from all possible directions (bottom, top, left, right view etc.); The protection will rest on what can be seen in the pictures. Both drawings and photographs may be used. A separate fee shall be paid for each picture beyond the first one.
- contact details of the client;
- contact details of the owner of the industrial design right;
- name of the natural person(s) who created the design;
- a short description - if possible - of the product/design, especially if the design has specific characteristics which can not to be seen in the views;
- in case of prior design application in a foreign country please provide a copy of the office letter stating the receipt of the filing, file number and name of the patent office.
If you engage us we will render the following services :
- Preparation of the filing including selection of the classes of goods (Locarno-classification);
- Examination of the images in regard to the formal requirements (we do not review if the design has novelty and individual characteristic);
- requesting additional documents or new images;
- legal advice with regard to the filing process and documents;
- sending the prepared filing details to you for review;
- Filing the application at patent office;
- Representation of the applicant in front of the office;
- Payment of the office fee (application fee, registration fee, publication fee);
- Transmission of office documents as well as the letter confirming the application;
- Legal advice in due time in order to enable you to extend the protection of your design patent to foreign countries by claiming the priority of the prior application;
- Receipt, checking and forwarding of the registration certificate (if available) and a copy of an extract from the register;
- Receipt and transmission of all documents sent from the patent office after the registration;
- docketing and deadline, renewal time monitoring.
Usually the drawings and images of the design are to be produced by the client. But we also may prepare (new) drawings or align the drawings in order to meet the formal filing requirements. If you follow our advice we do not anticipate any office actions. Nevertheless it is possible that the patent office will not accept your views or drawings and issue an office action. In this case the response to the office action will cause more efforts. You will be informed about the office action and you will be enabled to mandate us to represent you in this new proceeding. Insofar we may need the assistance of a professional drawer to conform your drawings to the demands of the office. Fees charged insofar by a professional drawer are not included in our offer.
r request destruction of the products concerned. Furthermore, you are basically entitled to claim damages.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Here you may order a design registration in the European Union (EU). Price includes official fee for application and registration.
Here you can mandate us to register your design in Switzerland. Price includes official application and registration fee.
Here you may order a design registration in Austria. Our price includes official application and registration fees.