Details Design Registration Ethiopia
Here you can mandate us to obtain design protection in Ethiopia. We will prepare and file your design application in Ethiopia and inform you about the progress of proceeding.
The design of a product is one of the decisive factors for its market success. It can become an important asset of your company, particularly if it is a bestseller. We protect your design and file a request for a registered industrial design in Ethiopia. Our offer includes the fees of the patent office for registration, publication and registration.
The owner of a certificate of a registration of an industrial design in Ethiopia shall have the exclusive right to make, use or otherwise exploit the industrial design.
A registered design right in Ethiopia will be established through a registration. An industrial design is registrable if it is new and possesses practical applicability.
An industrial design is considered to be new when the sum total of its essential features is different from that of another
design known either in Ethiopia or abroad and has not heen disclosed for more than 1 year before the date of filing of the application for registration or, where appropriate, before the priority date. Designs shall be deemed to be identical if their specific features differ only in immaterial details.
An design is deemed to possess practical applicability if it is capable of serving as a model for repeated manufacture of products.
The maximum term of protection in Ethiopia is 10 years provided the registration is renewed 1 time for a period of 5 years .
The first term of design protection in Ethiopia will be five years calculated from the date of filing. In certain cases the date of filing starts 6 months before the actual application date, namely if an application for an industrial design was filed before in a foreign country but not longer than 6 months before the application in Ethiopia and if the priority of this foreign application date for the new application in Ethiopia was claimed.
The registered design in Ethiopia is an unexamined industrial property right. Neither the office nor we will examine the novelty and individual characteristic of your design.
For the registration of a design in Ethiopia you need:
- the name of your design: (f.e. car fender „ALKU“, Artikel.-No.1234);
- drawings, photographs or other adequate graphic representations of the article embodying the industrial design only; views shall show your design in front of a neutral background, please provide us with black and white pictures or technical drawings reduced to the lines of the design without any further technical information that show the design views from all possible directions (bottom, top, left, right view etc.); please note that the protection will rest on what can be seen in the views only.
- contact details of the client;
- contact details of the to be registered owner of the design right and
- if the registered owner shall be a juristical person we need a copy of the commercial register;
- name of the natural person(s) who created the design; where the applicant is not the creator the request shall be accompanied by a statement justifying the right of the applicant to the registration of the industrial design.
- a short description - if possible - of the product/design, especially if the design has specific characteristics which can not to be seen in the views;
- in case of prior design application in a foreign country please provide a copy of the office letter stating the receipt of the filing, file number and name of the patent office.
If you engage us we will render the following services :
- Preparation of the filing including selection of the classes of goods (Locarno-classification);
- Examination of the images in regard to the formal requirements (we do not review if the design has novelty and individual characteristic);
- requesting additional documents or new images;
- legal advice with regard to the filing process and documents;
- sending the prepared filing details to you for review;
- Filing the application at patent office;
- Representation of the applicant in front of the office;
- Payment of the office fee (application fee, registration fee, publication fee);
- Transmission of office documents as well as the letter confirming the application;
- Legal advice in due time in order to enable you to extend the protection of your design patent to foreign countries by claiming the priority of the prior application;
- Receipt, checking and forwarding of the registration certificate (if available) and a copy of an extract from the register;
- Receipt and transmission of all documents sent from the patent office after the registration;
- docketing and deadline, renewal time monitoring.
Our offer does not include services in regard to oppositions or office actions.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Here you may order a design registration in Austria. Our price includes official application and registration fees.
Here you may order a design registration in the European Union (EU). Price includes official fee for application and registration.
Application to file an registration of the design in China.
Price includes official registration fees.
Here you can mandate us to register your design in Switzerland. Price includes official application and registration fee.