Details Design Registration Bermuda
Here you can mandate us to obtain design protection in Bermuda. We will prepare and file your design application in Bermuda and inform you about the progress of proceeding.
The design of a product is one of the decisive factors for its market success. It can become an important asset of your company, particularly if it is a bestseller. We protect your design and file a request for a registered industrial design in Bermuda. Our offer includes the fees of the patent office for registration, publication and registration.
A registered design right in Bermuda will be established through a registration.
The maximum term of protection in Bermuda is 15 years provided the registration is renewed 2 times for periods of 5 years each.
The first term of design protection in Bermuda will be five years calculated from the date of filing. In certain cases the date of filing starts 6 months before the actual application date, namely if an application for an industrial design was filed before in a foreign country but not longer than 6 months before the application in Bermuda and if the priority of this foreign application date for the new application in Bermuda was claimed.
The registered design in Bermuda is an examined industrial property right. Once the application is accepted the Examiner will make a search in the Design Register to determine if the same, or similar design has already been filed in Bermuda and if it is still available. If nothing is found in the search then the application will be given a registration number and a Design Registration Certificate will be issued.
Acceptance will be automatic rpovided in Bermuda If the design is registered in the United Kingdom (UK) as registered Design Registry. If the U.K. entry ceases to be in force, through expiry or other reason, then the Bermuda design will not automatically cease, but others may seek to have the registration revoked.
For the registration of a design in Bermuda you need:
- the name of your design: (f.e. car fender „ALKU“, Artikel.-No.1234);
- drawings, photographs or other adequate graphic representations of the article embodying the industrial design only; views shall show your design in front of a neutral background, please provide us with black and white pictures or technical drawings reduced to the lines of the design without any further technical information that show the design views from all possible directions (bottom, top, left, right view etc.); please note that the protection will rest on what can be seen in the views only.
- contact details of the client;
- contact details of the to be registered owner of the design right and
- if the registered owner shall be a juristical person we need a copy of the commercial register;
- name of the natural person(s) who created the design; where the applicant is not the creator the request shall be accompanied by a statement justifying the right of the applicant to the registration of the industrial design.
- a short description - if possible - of the product/design, especially if the design has specific characteristics which can not to be seen in the views;
- in case of prior design application in a foreign country please provide a copy of the office letter stating the receipt of the filing, file number and name of the patent office.
If you engage us we will render the following services :
- Preparation of the filing including selection of the classes of goods (Locarno-classification);
- Examination of the images in regard to the formal requirements (we do not review if the design has novelty and individual characteristic);
- requesting additional documents or new images;
- legal advice with regard to the filing process and documents;
- sending the prepared filing details to you for review;
- Filing the application at patent office;
- Representation of the applicant in front of the office;
- Payment of the office fee (application fee, registration fee, publication fee);
- Transmission of office documents as well as the letter confirming the application;
- Legal advice in due time in order to enable you to extend the protection of your design patent to foreign countries by claiming the priority of the prior application;
- Receipt, checking and forwarding of the registration certificate (if available) and a copy of an extract from the register;
- Receipt and transmission of all documents sent from the patent office after the registration;
- docketing and deadline, renewal time monitoring.
Our offer does not include services in regard to oppositions or office actions.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Here you may order a design registration in Austria. Our price includes official application and registration fees.
Here you may order a design registration in the European Union (EU). Price includes official fee for application and registration.
Here you can mandate us to register your design in Switzerland. Price includes official application and registration fee.