Details Design Registration Bahrain
Here you can mandate us to obtain design protection in Bahrain. We will prepare and file your design application in Bahrain and inform you about the progress of proceeding. Our offer includes the fees of the intellectual property office for the application, publication and registration of your design but not the annual fees.
A registered design right in Bahrain will be established through a registration.
The maximum term of protection in Bahrain is 15 years provided the registration is renewed 1 timesfor periods of 5 years.
The first term of design protection in Bahrain will be 10 years calculated from the date of filing. In certain cases the date of filing starts 6 months before the actual application date, namely if an application for an industrial design was filed before in a foreign country but not longer than 6 months before the application in Bahrain and if the priority of this foreign application date for the new application in Bahrain was claimed.
An annual fee shall be payable due from the beginning of the second year of granting the registration until the end of the current period of protecting of the industrial drawing or model. An additional fee shall fall due should there be a delay in settling the annual fee for a period that exceeds six months.
The registered design in Bahrain is an unexamined industrial property right. Neither the office nor we will examine the novelty and individual characteristic of your design.
If the applicant is not the designer, an assignment from the designer to the applicant must be attached.
In Bahrain multiple design application are possible if the multiple designs belong into the identical Locarno class. Such a multiple application will affect the reduction of the office fees. One design may be shown by several pictures or drawings, but for each view beyond the first one separate fee shall be paid for.
For the registration of a design in Bahrain you need:
- the name of your design: (f.e. car fender „ALKU“, Artikel.-No.1234);
- up to 50 images or drawings per design showing only your product in front of a neutral background, please provide us with black and white pictures or technical drawings reduced to the lines of the design without any further technical information that show the design views from all possible directions (bottom, top, left, right view etc.); The protection will rest on what can be seen in the pictures. Both drawings and photographs may be used. A separate fee shall be paid for each picture beyond the first one.
- contact details of the client;
- contact details of the owner of the industrial design right;
- name of the natural person(s) who created the design;
- a short description - if possible - of the product/design, especially if the design has specific characteristics which can not to be seen in the views;
- in case of prior design application in a foreign country please provide a copy of the office letter stating the receipt of the filing, file number and name of the patent office.
If you engage us we will render the following services :
- Preparation of the filing including selection of the classes of goods (Locarno-classification);
- Examination of the images in regard to the formal requirements (we do not review if the design has novelty and individual characteristic);
- requesting additional documents or new images;
- legal advice with regard to the filing process and documents;
- sending the prepared filing details to you for review;
- Filing the application at patent office;
- Representation of the applicant in front of the office;
- Payment of the office fee (application fee, registration fee, publication fee);
- Transmission of office documents as well as the letter confirming the application;
- Legal advice in due time in order to enable you to extend the protection of your design patent to foreign countries by claiming the priority of the prior application;
- Receipt, checking and forwarding of the registration certificate (if available) and a copy of an extract from the register;
- Receipt and transmission of all documents sent from the patent office after the registration;
- docketing and deadline, renewal time monitoring.
Usually the drawings and images of the design are to be produced by the client. But we also may prepare (new) drawings or align the drawings in order to meet the formal filing requirements. If you follow our advice we do not anticipate any office actions. Nevertheless it is possible that the patent office will not accept your views or drawings and issue an office action. In this case the response to the office action will cause more efforts. You will be informed about the office action and you will be enabled to mandate us to represent you in this new proceeding. Insofar we may need the assistance of a professional drawer to conform your drawings to the demands of the office. Fees charged insofar by a professional drawer are not included in our offer.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Here you can mandate us to register your design in Switzerland. Price includes official application and registration fee.
Here you may order a design registration in Austria. Our price includes official application and registration fees.
Here you may order a design registration in the European Union (EU). Price includes official fee for application and registration.