Details Design Registration in Antigua and Barbados
Here you can mandate us to obtain design protection in Antigua and Barbados. We will prepare and file your design application in Antigua and Barbados and inform you about the progress of proceeding. Our offer includes the fees of the intellectual property office for the application, publication and registration of your design.
The design of a product is one of the decisive factors for its market success. It can become an important asset of your company, particularly if it is a bestseller. We protect your design and file a request for a registered industrial design in Antigua and Barbados. Our offer includes the fees of the patent office for registration, publication and registration.
A registered design right in Antigua and Barbados will be established through a registration.
The maximum term of protection in Antigua and Barbados is 15 years provided the registration is renewed 2 times for periods of 5 years each.
The first term of design protection in Antigua and Barbados will calculated from the date of filing. In certain cases the date of filing starts 6 months before the actual application date, namely if an application for the same industrial design was filed in a foreign country but not longer than 6 months before the application in Antigua and Barbados and if the priority of this foreign application date for the new application in Antigua and Barbados was claimed.
The registered design in Antigua and Barbados is an unexamined industrial property right. Neither the office nor we will examine the novelty and individual characteristic of your design.
An industrial design is registrable if it is new. An industrial design shall be new if it has not been disclosed to the public, anywhere in the world, by publication in tangible form or by use or in any other way, prior to the filing date or, where applicable, the priority date of the application for registration. Disclosure to the public of an industrial design shall not be taken into consideration if it occurred within twelve months from the filing date (or claimed priority date and if it was by reason or in consequence of acts committed by the applicant or his predecessor in title or of an abuse committed by a third party with regard to the applicant or his predecessor in title.
The right to registration of an industrial design shall belong to the creator. If two or more persons have jointly created an industrial design, the right to registration of that design shall belong to them jointly. Where an industrial design is created in execution of an employment contract, the right to registration of the industrial design shall belong, in the absence of contractual provisions to the contrary, to the employer. The creator shall be named as such in the registration of
the industrial design, unless in a special written declaration signed by him indicates that he wishes not to be named.
The right to the registration of an industrial design may be assigned, or may be transferred by succession. If the applicant is not the designer, an assignment from the designer to the applicant must be attached.
Two or more industrial designs may be the subject of the same application, provided they relate to the same class of the
International Classification or to the same set or composition of articles.
Opposition cannot be filed by a third party in Antigua and Barbados during registration process.
The applicant willl receive a certificate of registration of the industrial design in case of registration.
For the registration of an insutrial design in Antigua and Barbados you need:
- the name of your design: (f.e. car fender „ALKU“, Artikel.-No.1234);
- drawings, photographs or other adequate graphic representations of the article embodying the industrial design only; views shall show your design in front of a neutral background, please provide us with black and white pictures or technical drawings reduced to the lines of the design without any further technical information that show the design views from all possible directions (bottom, top, left, right view etc.); please note that the protection will rest on what can be seen in the views only.
- contact details of the client;
- contact details of the to be registered owner of the design right and
- if the registered owner shall be a juristical person we need a copy of the commercial register;
- name of the natural person(s) who created the design; where the applicant is not the creator the request shall be accompanied by a statement justifying the right of the applicant to the registration of the industrial design.
- a short description - if possible - of the product/design, especially if the design has specific characteristics which can not to be seen in the views;
- in case of prior design application in a foreign country please provide a copy of the office letter stating the receipt of the filing, file number and name of the patent office.
If you engage us we will render the following services :
- Preparation of the filing including selection of the classes of goods (Locarno-classification);
- Examination of the images in regard to the formal requirements (we do not review if the design has novelty and individual characteristic);
- requesting additional documents or new images;
- legal advice with regard to the filing process and documents;
- sending the prepared filing details to you for review;
- Filing the application at patent office;
- Representation of the applicant in front of the office;
- Payment of the office fee (application fee, registration fee, publication fee);
- Transmission of office documents as well as the letter confirming the application;
- Legal advice in due time in order to enable you to extend the protection of your design patent to foreign countries by claiming the priority of the prior application;
- Receipt, checking and forwarding of the registration certificate (if available) and a copy of an extract from the register;
- Receipt and transmission of all documents sent from the patent office after the registration;
- docketing and deadline, renewal time monitoring.
Our offer does not include services in regard to oppositions or office actions.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Here you can mandate us to register your design in Switzerland. Price includes official application and registration fee.
Here you may order a design registration in Austria. Our price includes official application and registration fees.
Here you may order a design registration in the European Union (EU). Price includes official fee for application and registration.